Friday, May 6, 2011

MOGWAI - Special moves [2010]

Mogwai is a post-rock band from Glasgow formed in 1995 that has become one of the most influential and best known bands in its genre. They compose lengthy, mostly instrumental guitar-based pieces in the style of post-rock, usually focused around the elaboration of a single theme, and are known traditionally for their quiet/loud dynamic, defined bass riffs, and an eminent ambient sound, sometimes dark and sometimes grand. Although frequently referred to as post-rock, the band have revealed in interviews that they despise this categorization, insisting that their sound bears little resemblance to pioneers of the genre, such as Tortoise.















Genre - Experimental Post-rock | Ambient
Country - UK
Sounds like - Mogwai!
Label - Rock Action Records
Myspace || Last.fm



CD1 - Special Moves (Live)
01. I’m Jim Morrison, I’m Dead
02. Friend Of The Night
03. Hunted By A Freak
04. Mogwai Fear Satan
05. Cody
06. You Don’t Know Jesus
07. I Know You Are But What Am I?
08. I Love You, I’m Going To Blow Up Your School
09. 2 Rights Make 1 Wrong
10. Like Herod
11. Glasgow Megasnake

CD2 - Special Moves Bonus Tracks
01. Yes! I Am A Long Way From Home
02. Scotland’s Shame
03. New Paths To Helicon Part 1
04. Batcat
05. Thank Your Space Expert
06. The Precipice
BUY

No comments :

Post a Comment